Bozeman BPW’s Celebration event “Women Creating Legacies” is coming up October 18th featuring Dr. Waded Cruzado as the keynote speaker. The evening of celebrating women in business will be filled with networking, door prizes, raffles, cocktails, appetizers, and great memories. Limited Tickets and Sponsorship opportunities for this event are now available on the Bozeman BPW website. Visit bpw.mediaworksmt.com for more information!
Thank you to our Platinum Event Sponsors: Rocky Mountain Bank and Morgan Stanley- Shannon Brightman
Join the KRose team for a fun evening of hors-d’oeuvres, drinks and the opportunity to mingle with other local business owners and side-hustlers in the Bozeman area.
Make sure to click here https://consulting.krosemarketing.com/bozeman-party/ and RSVP for the free & fun event
Congratulations from Bozeman Business and Professional Women to local MSU professor, activist, and BPW member Jan Strout for receiving the Bozeman Daily Chronicle top 24 over 64 award!
This past Monday, August 27th, Jan was among honorees at the Chronicle 24 over 64 awards ceremony. Jan founded the MSU Women’s Center, is an active member and participant with Montana NOW, Montana AAUW, and Bozeman BPW. She has spearheaded many grassroots human rights campaigns, including the local Bozeman City Resolution for Equal Pay for Equal Work which was passed in 2015, and the local Bozeman Cities for CEDAW campaign.
Jan said in an interview with the Chronicle, “the broader scope of my life has really been seeking human rights and human dignity for all.”
Thank you for all of the amazing work that you do in support of human dignity in our local and global community, Jan!
A job announcement from Erin Roy with Accounting Experts LLC of Belgrade:
We’re hiring for an Administrative Assistant!
Duties and Responsibilities
• Typing documents
• Scanning, filing digital and paper documents
• Monitor and contact subcontractors for current documentation
• Office supply tracking and purchasing
• Other office duties
• Run errands
• All other tasks as assigned
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 1-2 years’ experience in an office setting
• Computer hardware & software savvy
• Experienced user of MS Excel and Word software
• Organized & efficient
• Detail oriented
• Positive attitude
• Current Driver’s License and reliable vehicle
• Team player
• Be able to sit or stand for 8 hours a day
• Be able to lift 25lbs
Pay is $13-$15/hr DOE, benefits are offered.
For more information, please email email@example.com.
To apply, please submit your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Announcement from Kylie Gursky with Montana Women Vote:
Montana Women Vote is hiring a full-time Community Organizer
JOB TITLE: Montana Women Vote (MWV) Community Organizer HOURS: 40 hours/week
ORGANIZATION AND POSITION BACKGROUND:
Montana Women Vote (MWV) is a statewide coalition working to engage and mobilize low-income women and their allies as informed voters, policy advocates, and community leaders. We work on issues including economic justice, health care reform, voter rights, and reproductive justice. We believe that civic action, policy change, and leadership development can together shift the balance of power and improve the lives of low-income women and families in Montana. Our work includes voter registration and engagement, field campaigns, policy advocacy, and leadership development. Additional info is available at www.montanawomenvote.org.
MWV is seeking a full-time Community Organizer to work alongside the Program Director to create, manage, and evaluate program and organizational work. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience, ranging from $28,000 to $32,000. MWV provides a benefits package including generous paid leave and health insurance. The position is based in Missoula (preferred) or Helena.
POSITION REPORTS TO: Program Director
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In collaboration with the Program Director, coordinate and manage a statewide voter registration, education, and mobilization campaign during elections years.
- In collaboration with the Program Director, coordinate annual Women’s Policy Leadership Institute (WPLI), MWV’s statewide conference.
- During legislative sessions and in the interim, work with the Program director to engage our members and develop leaders.
- This may include, but is not limited to, coordinating travel and accommodations, writing action alerts and newsletters, running phone banks, helping members draft testimony, soliciting and editing letters to the editor, and helping to coordinate lobby days.
- Recruit, manage, and train volunteers and community leaders.
- Register voters at events, stores, schools, etc, and help Program Director support statewide voter registration groups.
- Participating in general administrative and quality control support.
- Working alongside MWV staff as a participating as a member of the Montana Women Vote team.
More information about the position expectations and details can be found at http://www.montanawomenvote.org/about-mwv/jobs-and-opportunities/?blm_aid=23233
If you wish to apply, Submit resume and cover letter by email to Kylie Gursky: email@example.com. For questions or information, call (406) 317-1504. This position is open until filled.
To be considered in this round of applicants, please submit your application by August 27th, 2018.